Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Crustless Broccoli Quiche

Hope everyone is having a great week so far. I have been trying my best to stay on plan, I have also been trying to get some more activity. So far I have gotten in activity 3 out of the 5 days in my WW week so far. I have been enjoying my Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start DVD. There are like 6 different workouts that are 10 minutes each, so it is easy to fit at least 2 in a night.

Anyways I have a few recipes to post about. Tonight I will share the quiche I made tonight for lunches the rest of the week. I was craving quiche (random I know) so started searching online
. I got the recipe from the Kraft Canada Website. Here is the link: http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/crustless-broccoli-quiche-88588.aspx. The recipe went as follows:


Crustless Broccoli Quiche
Source: Kraft Canada
Serving: 6
Size: 1/6 of recipe Points+: 4
Calories: 150
Fat: 7 Protien: 12g Carbs: 11g Fibre: 1g

What You Need

  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups skim milk
  • 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
  • 3 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed, cubed
  • 3 cups broccoli florets, cooked, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped onions
  • 3/4 cup Kraft Double Cheddar Light Shredded Cheese
Make It
Heat oven to 350
F.

Beat eggs, milk and mustard with whisk until well blended. Add bread; mix lightly. Stir in remaining ingredients.

Pour into a 9-inch square baking dish.

Bake 45 minutes or until centre is set and top is lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting to serve.

**I think you could add almost any vegetables to this and it would be good. Adding ham, bacon or sausage would be good as well. Just make sure to adjust the points accordingly if doing so.

This is definitely a make again recipe. I cut mine a little larger for 6 P+ per serving. This would also be a good thing to make head and freeze.

Enjoy~ Eryn

No comments:

Post a Comment