Saturday, April 9, 2011

My 1st Recipe Attempt- Strawberry Squares

Hello World!
This is my first post on this blog. I am doing this to 1) keep all my Weight Watchers (WW) recipes together and 2) have a place to share them with everyone!

A little about me:
  • I am 28 years old and a Virgo
  • I live in a tiny house in a tiny town called Dryden, in beautiful Ontario, Canada
  • My boyfriend Matt and my two dogs (fur-babies) McGee and Milo also live with me in the tiny house
  • I am on Weight Watchers (again) and have lost 35lbs so far with the Points Plus System
  • I love to cook and bake, but do not like to clean up after myself
  • I love the colour pink- especially hot pink
I got this recipe from skinnytaste.com. Seriously if you haven't checked it out yet, do so Gina's recipes rock. My boyfriend loves berries and anything sweet, so when I saw this I knew it would be a winner.

Strawberry Squares
from: skinnytaste.com
Servings: 24 • Size: 1 2-inch square • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 138.2 • Fat: 4.7g • Protein: 2.1 g • Carbs: 21.7 g • Fiber: 0.1 g
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup canned strawberry pie filling
  • confectioner's sugar for dusting
  • baking spray
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray Baking Pam in a 13 x 9- inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter with the granulated sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla. Add the flour and mix thoroughly.

Spread the dough evenly in the prepared pan. With a small, sharp knife (or toothpick), score into twenty-four 2-inch squares. Place a teaspoon of pie filling in the center of each scored square. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean. Cool to room temperature, then sprinkle with confectioner's sugar before cutting and serving.

These were easy to make. Although mine were not as beautiful as the ones on skinnytaste.com, they were so YUMMY! Matt loved them, my co-workers loved them too. None of these people were on diets or are watching what they are they are eating. They couldn't believe that they were not that bad for you. These were definitely a make again treat.

Let me know if there is a recipe you would like me to make and review.
Enjoy~ Eryn

No comments:

Post a Comment