Thursday, June 16, 2011

Catching up and two favorite recipes

Hello, it's been awhile. I had a small gain two weigh ins ago. Last week I had a better week and lost 1.4 pounds, bringing me down to the smallest I have been in years; not that I am anywhere near goal yet, but baby steps, right?

Matt has been sick, money and been tight and stress has caught up with me. I have been trying not to let it get to me. I have been trying not to eat my feelings, but it's hard. I am hoping that I am not going to have a huge gain this week. I am hoping for a stay the same kinda week or a small loss.

Since I have not shared any recipes as I promised, I have two for you. They are both from my Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook.

Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice
Source: Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook
Serving: 4
Size of Serving: 1 3/4 cups Points+: 7
Calories: 282 • Fat: 7g • Protien: 20g • Carbs: 34g
Fibre: 5g

What You Need
  • 1/2 pound ground skinless chicken breast
  • 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
  • 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
  • 2 tsp canola oil
  • 2 large eggs, lighlty beaten
  • 2 carrots, finely chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 6 scallions, cut into 1 inch lengths
  • 2 tsp minced peeled ginger
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 2 cups cold cooked long grain brown or white rice
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
Make It
Spray a nonstick wok or deep large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles in a pan. Add chicken and stir-fry until cooked. Transfer to medium bowl; stir in broth and teriyaki sauce.

Add 1 tsp oil to wok. Add eggs and stir-fry until set, breaking eggs up as they cook. Add to chicken in bowl.

Add remaining 1 tsp oil to wok. Add carrots, bell pepper, scallions, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry until tender, about 5 mins. Stir in rice and peas; stir-fry until rice begins to brown. Return chicken-egg mixture to wok; cook until heated through.

** I love this rice. It is so good. Even Matt likes it and asks me to make it for him often. Definitely helps with Chinese food cravings.

Yogurt Biscuits
Source: Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook
Serving: 16
Size of Serving: 1 biscuit Points+: 2
Calories: 64 • Fat: 0g • Protien: 2g • Carbs: 13g
Fibre: 0g

What You Need
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Make It
Stir together 1 cup of flour and the yogurt in a large bowl until blended and very smooth; sprinkle with sugar. Cover bowl loosely with plastic wrap and let rest in a warm place. (80-85F) at least 4 hours or up to overnight.

Preheat oven to 425F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.

Whisk together remaining 1 cup flour, the baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Stir into yogurt mixture until well blended.

Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface; pat into 6X8 inch rectangle. With pizza cutter or long, thin knife, cut dough lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut each strip into 4 pieces (making 16 pieces). Place biscuits 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.

Bake 10 mins. Reduce oven temperature to 400F. Bake until golden brown, about 10 mins longer. Transfer to wire rack, serve warm.

** This is another recipe that I have to double because Matt loves it so much, he will hint when he wants them, "ummm....we're out of biscuits, just so ya know." LOL!

As always enjoy. Send me some losing vibes for my weigh in tomorrow!
~Eryn

2 comments:

  1. I love a few recipes from that cook book, I'll have to try that fried rice out. My favourite is the vegetarian lasagna, it feels like such a huge portion and has tons of flavour. I've been having a rough couple of weeks too, but cooking healthier will help me through it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I am going to check out the lasagna for sure, I love lasagna!

    ReplyDelete